Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A long 13 Years


Carson has always been into anything with wheels...cars, trains, trucks, planes, you name it...as most boys are! But, the last few days he has been so persistant on wanting to drive our cars-and he's dead serious. Nothing totally unusual, as I'm sure all kids would love to do this, except for the fact that lately he is so persistant and has convinced himself that he is 16 and big enough, now he's just trying to convince us! Here's his first conversation with Dad: (followed by many many more useless plea's)

C: "Dad can I drive this time?"
D: "No Carson, you have to be 16 to drive."
C: "But Dad I aaaaaaaam 16"
D: "Yeah, not quite- 13 years"
Later that day.... "Mom, can I drive? I'm 16"
The Next day...."Mom, I just wish I was 16 so I can drive. What does 16 come after?"
Today when we were getting in the car, "I just wish kids could be 16!"
Maybe he won't be asking for the next 13 years after all!
Funny Guy!!!!

4 comments:

Hazen5 said...

He is soooo cute. Just take him to Disneyland, let him drive those cars. I feel sorry for you in 13 years, let's just hope he doesn't sneek and do it sooner.

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Where did this little guy come from?!? First writing on walls now wanting to drive the family cars? How funny is this?!?

Marcie said...

Carson is so hilarious! I love hearing about all the things he says because he was so quiet in the nursery (and sad- poor guy.) Fun story to tell him before he takes his driver's test!

Blythe said...

What a coincidence! I'm 16 too.