Friday, May 2, 2008

A Couple weeks in Review

Not quite sure where the time has gone...but don't worry, we're back. If it's any consolation, I keep thinking of really fun blog entries I want to do, and halfway create them in my mind, but to actually sit down and do them would take time and when the weather is nice, blogging time takes a backseat, and then you just get out of the groove. Anyways, this post is anything but a "fun post" but I am well overdue for an update, so here's some of the latest happenings that have been consuming our time lately!

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN DAD IS DONE WITH TAX SEASON???? (FINALLY)
Yep, we went to disneyland the day after to celebrate with another accountant friend, but lame mom forgot the camera, so here's some other fun pics of the last couple weeks getting to do what the kids love best- hang out with dad as much as possible since they were on dad drought time for the last two months. Life is so much more fun with dad around. (and mom is probably a little bit happier) We LOVE it!!!


Matt's dreams of teaching his boy to skate and surf are finally becoming a reality. Of course it wouldn't be a true manly skate session without a little crack action :)

Loving a litte more pool time and beach time!

Congratulations to my cousin Tawny who got married last weekend and looked GORGEOUS! It was a fun party and so fun as always to get together with family!!!


And last but certainly not least...I'm am the newest member of the twilight Groupies. I LOVED IT!!!! I've been meaning to read this for some time and finally a friend dropped it on my doorstep, and I had no excuse. With probably a little too much kid neglecting on my part nothing like a little big bird for a couple hrs right?...yes I do feel a little guilty about that by the way, but I could not put it down-i tried) I finished it in 2 days and I'm dying that the sequel is not waiting for me on my doorstep. Although I should probably save it for our next road trip and spend a little time with the kids this weekend :) I am a big time sucker for anything romance related... i get the chills frequently! I LOVE edward and I may have even dreamt all about the book the first night....just maybe :) Such an easy read, but so entertaining.


9 comments:

Ballard 6 said...

Love the new post Brooke! We missed not going to the wedding last weekend, but heard everyone had fun. Also I love the Twilight books. Each book gets better. Have you seen the promo for the movie? Let me know and I will send you the link!

Blythe said...

You're coming to Utah?! Why are you heading out here, and when are you coming? Definitely give me a call and we'll do something! In case you don't have it, my number is 801-318-0715.

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

I needed to read this blog posting Brooke! Once again, I'm laughing and smiling from cheek to cheek. I have also wanted to read this series of books, I have a feeling I will feel exactly the same about Edward as you do, I've already prepared Eric! Love your cute skirt too, darling. So fun that Matt is teaching Carson to skateboard... so nice to have the boys home again :)

bethany said...

I have to say-I HATE Edward-sorry Brooke, but it's the truth...
Zak was trying to teach Jakson how to skateboard the other day too. It looks like Matt's lessons are going a little better. Jakson wanted to lie down on the board and be pushed-not really what Zak had in mind...

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

Twilight Rocks! Can't wait to get the new one in August. It was great to see you at Tawny's wedding! I can't believe how big your kids are.

Hazen5 said...

We should be tax season widows together! Usually we sneak away somewhere together, but we didn't get a chance this year!

Love all the Twilight books, I am counting the days till the next one is released!

ChelMo said...

Hi Brooke!

I've been blog-spying on you for awhile now - perhaps it's me attempting to live out my CIA-fantasies via reading about the lives of acquaintances from back in the day. I've been enjoying watching your kiddies get cutter and more fun in two dimensions!

Your Twilight references caught my eye. Kiersten Brazier (Noah's wife) also "forced" them on me when I was on bed rest last year. I (guiltily) gulped them up, enjoyed them way too much, and am counting down the days until the next book comes out, followed by the movie in December! You should check out the trailer - it's online. You're welcome to join Kiersten and me in a mere 7 more months at the theater in San Marcos!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

Hey guys! We found your blog from the Clarkson's. So good to see the photos of your sweet family. Kids are so cute. Miss you guys. Hope all is well with the Brown fam.

Halvos said...

Oh! So glad you hopped on the Edward Cullen Train! These books are addicting--watch out!
Loved the skateboarding pictures! I can't believe Carson was on one all by himself! That is AWESOME! He'll be surfing in no time!