Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A week of unwinding






The kids are both down for a nap, so I'm singing Hallelujah and thought I'd send a quick little update on life. The last couple of days we've been playing catch up around the house because the 2 weeks before that Matt's sister Keri was in town with her 3 kids. We had soooo much fun with them, but I did have to take 2 naps, which is really really rare for me....i'm not a napper at all, but I was exhausted from all we did! Here are some highlights. First, Karen took the girls to see Wicked in L.A for our birthdays, and it was the BEST show ever. We had killer seats, and i've since downloaded the soundtrack and have been listening to it non-stop, and having dance parties with Carson. I'm already trying to figure out a way to go back with Matt. We also discovered the best open gymnastics gym at the YMCA for the kids to have free play on. It had all the real gymnastics equipment and then some. It fulfilled my ongoing dreams of being a gymnast- I played just as much as Carson. We also went swimming a couple times, barbequed, to the beach, the del mar fair, sea world, and Carson went to disneyland. We're always scheming on how we can get Keri to move back down here, cause it's always so fun when she's here and Carson LOVES his cousins. Matt's sister Alli also came down for the weekend and went to the beach with us. We don't see her enough, so it was tons of fun having her here too. Carson loved her, and has since been calling her on his "cell phone." Scary that a 2 year old is totally into his phone!

He's a few pictures from our adventures: (just kidding they posted at the top of the message) Still figuring out how things work in the world of blogging:)

1 comment:

bethany said...

Brooke-you look so good! I haven't seen wicked, but have heard wonderful things about it. Glad that you are figuring things out in the "blogging world" as you put it. :) I got the invite to Russell's wedding, but for some reason, thought it was in UT. Am I wrong?