Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Extravaganza

I love the fall and everything about it (that's probably only because it doesn't get too cold here. Otherwise I might not have such kind words to say about it.) Although I do LOVE hot chocolate, and something about hot chocolate and summers don't mix, so it's nice for a little cool down to hit up my favorite 7-11 hot chocolate bar. Now don't go judging the 7-11 hot chocolate bar until you've tried it...it's soooo good! Anyhow, I especially love halloween because it's the kickoff to a long holiday season. I even think one of these years Matt and I will join in the fun and dress up. We, or maybe I should say I, always have good intentions to, but seem to spend too much time worrying about getting the kids the right costumes and time runs out. My sister-in-law Keri was in town last week (which we always love) and we had some pre-halloween festivities last week with the cousins. I must say Carson and Brynlee made up the cutest peter pan and tinkerbell duo that I have ever seen. Matt was little nervous of a son in tights and was hoping I would take his suggestion to dress them as a tougher duo- Jack Bauer and Chloe, but I think once he saw how cute they looked he had a change of heart. Plus peter pan has manned up a bit and lost the tights. Grandma Karen had a fun cousins halloween party on Thursday and on Saturday we went to our parents ward trunk-or-treat. I'm such a fan of trick or treating amongst friends and not having to inspect every piece of candy. We got a few shots of the kids, but luckily we still have tomorrow to attempt one more where they're both smiling:)

Sky and Brynlee
Carson and Spence showing off their work

All the cousins at Trunk-or-Treat

4 comments:

bethany said...

I love that they were Tinkerbell and Peter Pan-that's so cute! I have to say though, I think Matt's costume idea was good as well. You and Matt should have dressed up as Jack and Chloe.
By the way, what is it with you and convenience stores? Maverick and 7-11?

Britley said...

I love the 7-11 hot chocolate! It is really the best stuff, especially with all the add-ins that you can have.

Your kids are adorable!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Sooooo CUTE! Thanks for posting the pictures. Actually Eric went on to check and see if you had posted anything new (weird uh! hehe) Looks like you all had tons of fun. Hope you are having a great week! Talk to you soon :)

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Sooooo CUTE! Thanks for posting the pictures. Actually Eric went on to check and see if you had posted anything new (weird uh! hehe) Looks like you all had tons of fun. Hope you are having a great week! Talk to you soon :)